Passionate About Life | Escapades

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

+ Fun | DHL Balloon

DHL Balloon Attraction at Bugis Junction
The first time I saw it at Bugis, I thought it was just another advertisement by DHL. A big one though. I was going over to Wify's shop to accompany her since my son had gone out with his friends to watch Elektra.

A yellow balloon ad flying high above Bugis Junction did not really attract my attention, and I did not give any notice at all.

I saw it again when I bought dinner for Wify from Banquet at Raffles Hospital going toward Bugis Village. I went to surprise her at the shop again that Friday. This time, I notice that the balloon was being lowered down. Ad permit ended?

As I stopped to watch, I noticed there was a platform for viewing. Thought nothing of it, but I just snapped a picture to show my son what I saw, when I get home. I realized that it was a very large balloon ad when it was nearer to the ground, but disappeared between the buildings.

And I saw it again, in the early evening with the pulsing, beacon-like blue lights since it was turning dark. It was very near to the ground that my son noticed there were people with cameras on the viewing platform. Invited guests only?

DHL Balloon Attraction at Bugis Junction
Only today, it is confirmed that the DHL Balloon is the new attraction in Bugis area, when I received an email from my friend about the promotion.

30% off coupons from the usual ticket price of S$23.00 per adult and S$16.00 for children below 12 years old. Panoramic viewing for 30 minutes in the air.

Would be interesting to go up and view the area from 150 metres high or as high as a 40 story building, with a difference - being swayed to and fro a little by the wind.

Would be great to try that with all 3 of us on board; armed with a camera and strong guts.

Wify hates heights, but she trusts me. She will take roller-coaster rides as long as I ride beside her. I think she will give it a go. This weekend is good, weather permitting of course.

DHL Balloon Attraction Discount Coupon

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home