Passionate About Life | Escapades

Monday, February 27, 2006

+ Life | Blue Skies

Pinevale Condo against late February blue skies background
This morning marks the official blue skies across Singapore as far as I am concern. What a beautiful Monday!

The morning started off bright with the sun shining through my bedroom window.

When I was waiting for the cab at my usual spot, I noticed the sky was clear of clouds. Just dramatic blue sky!

I had to take a picture of Pinevale Condominium across my block as the building earthy tones contrasted very much with the blue sky. Picture perfect! With my Panasonic S700i 1.3Mega pixel camera-phone.

AMK Park 2A Factory against blue skies, in a moving cabI just go crazy with clear blue skies... go figure!

It reminded me of when I was on vacation in Cairns, Australia with my family. The open skies, the wide horizon, as far as the eye can see. Such an awesome sight, especially for people like me, a free spirit who is deprived of open spaces and limited to little pockets of nature to content with.

Man, I will definitely scan the photos there to post in my Escapade Blog. I have to scan them first though, since the photos were taken with my traditional film, Canon EOS 500 camera.

AMK Park 2 Factory against blue skies at lunchCame out at lunch-time and there again, bright cheerful blue skies over the factory building. I just had to tell all my lunch buddies about it.

They thought it was nice, but nothing to get excited about. They could not understand my simple joy and probably thought that I was "loaded" when I also snapped a photo of the most lame of scenery - a factory building.

That's just me. The simple beauty brings me joy.

I left work at around 6:00pm today. The sun was still shining, the skies, well had become cloudy, but dramatically.

AMK Park 2 Factory against blue skies at lunchAs I passed the overhead bridge, I just had to snap photos of the sun behind the clouds. Very nice, divine like.

It reminded me of Andrew's cloud from Past Tense "Foreshadowing" and his recent "Far Away Thunder" posts. The pictures were dramatic and mysterious too. The words, made my mind wonder...

This gives me an idea. I will start taking photos of clouds, lots of beautiful cloud formations since the blue sky as the backdrop is awesome in it self.

AMK Avenue 5 overhead bridgeYeah, yeah, yeah more insignificant "insights", a waste of server space... but hey, at least I am making me happy. One extra happy guy in the world.

Yes, The Clouds - Heaven's dream, the life-giving portal that feeds the earth with water from the heavens... What am I blabbering about?

Mondays are my least favourite day of the week!

NOW I believe I am "loaded!" With joy...

5 Comments:

  • Hi Imran,

    Yes simple beauty brings so much joy! I feel the same way, the sky I could just look at it all the time, love looking and the shapes of the clouds and don't worry your not alone. When I look "up" people always look at me strange and say "whatcha looking at"?..duh?..ha ha..Hello? Sad..a lot of people just aren't into the "simple beauty". I don't even have a digital camera, and my cell phone is so old its VERY LARGE and people laugh whenever they see it! I only use it for emergencies. But I do have a samsung maximan zoom 70 GL non digital camera, have had it about 5 years and it takes wonderful photos! I take photos all the time then scan them. I also like to take photos of houses, older ones. I have a bunch of pics of these cute little houses around this old neighborhood but haven't had time to scan any of them yet.

    Thanks for dropping by my blog and your very thoughtful comments. I'm doing much better, just didn't know it took this long to recoup from a concussion, never had one before!

    I can't wait for spring its coming soon, the month I was born too..

    Enjoy "The Simple Beauty" and I'm go glad that you do..

    Blessings,
    Rhi

    By Blogger Rhiannon, at 3:23 pm  

  • the pictures of the clouds are beautiful!! Did you do that with your phone?

    By Blogger J. Andrew Lockhart, at 11:03 am  

  • Hello Both,

    Thank you for stopping by and your messages.

    Rhiannon | Welcome back. It is very nice to have you here again.

    Thank you again for making me feel normal! I needed the reassurance for my own sanity sometimes.

    I do get carried away with overoy that I sometimes loose my ground. Not sure if make any sense.

    Would be great to see your favourite photos you've taken, but I definitely enjoyed much from your sketches and drawings. Truely a wonderful gift.

    YES! I would like to be the first to wish you HAPPY BIRTHDAY! And Have A Great Year! God Bless.

    Andrew | It is indeed beautiful.

    Yes all the photos in this post were taken using my cell-phone camera.

    Your posts have given me focus to look at the heavens and take free beautiful pictures of it. Blue skies are incredible.

    Have a good week ahead!

    By Blogger Muhd Imran, at 2:48 pm  

  • Wow, beautiful pictures. You are always so positive. I love that about you. Your joy is contagious.

    By Blogger Lazy Daisy, at 10:13 pm  

  • Hello Lazy Daisy,

    Thank you for dropping by.

    I have know idea why I am so joyful. It is like I'm rediscovering the simple beauty around me again for some reason, and I just need to tell everyone.

    I just try to make each day simple and happy to keep my sanity. I'm not sure if I'm making any sense, but that is just how I am nowadays.

    Have a great week ahead. God Bless.

    By Blogger Muhd Imran, at 12:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home