Passionate About Life | Escapades

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

+ Beach | Long Weekend!

Bus Service 293 with Chinese Traditional Headdress Ad

With all the goings on at work, I am really in need of a break, a longer break.

Mentally, I am tired and a little depressed and physically I need sunshine on my skin to keep the blood warm and pumping. I want to recharge. January has not been good to me so far.

Singapore is celebrating Chinese New Year early next week, on Monday and Tuesday, 30th and 31 January.

With this weekend kicking in, that means I am getting 4 straight days off work, my son Danish from school, and my wife Azi from house chores! Sweet!

YES! I cannot wait!

I have been counting down for this long weekend since begining of this year, but it did not re-ignite my excitement until I saw the bus Service 293 passed me by this morning, while waiting for a cab to work.

With the distintive 3D Chinese New Year advertisement from Quaker Oats, I just had to snap a photo of it.

To all my Chinese Friends,
Happy Chinese Lunar New Year!
To all non-Chinese,
Happy Holidays!

East Coast Beach Park

With two more days to go, we have already started talking about going camping at the beach. Which beach now....?

  • Changi Beach Park... our default family haunt, secluded and tranquil, or
  • Pasir Ris Park... one of the largest children's playground by the beach, or
  • East Coast Beach Park... the happening beach with rows of shops and eateries.
All these planning are fine, but the weather is kind of unpredictable these past months.

It has been raining and raining hard for several weeks but looks like its clearing up. We got sunny days for a few, but overcast weather most of the time for now.

Nonethless, we are going to brave it, let rain or shine we are going to be prepared with our "all-weather spirits" and camping gears and what not. Bring it on!

Long weekend, here we come!

3 Comments:

  • I added you to my link -- I meant to long ago, but forgot! I wish I was there -- looks beautiful.
    Andrew

    By Blogger J. Andrew Lockhart, at 12:18 am  

  • Imran, I hope you and your family have a great relaxing holiday vacation Chinese New Year! Wow, beach sunshine sound nice just about now its cold here and had snow last night. I look forward to Spring! Enjoy:-)

    It was good to see you drop by my blog again..hope to see you again!

    With Angel Blessings,
    Rhiannon

    By Blogger Rhiannon, at 11:06 am  

  • Andrew | Thanks for the link-up. I enjoy visiting your site.

    Simply with an everyday photo, coupled with a few words, and the result - profound, thought provoking, simply awesome!

    You have a regular visitor here.

    Rhiannon | Thank you. We intend to make full use of the long weekend.

    Have to tell you that your artistic touch is impaccable to me. I admire your sketches the most. You breathe life into them.

    Looking forward to more of your pencil/charcoal sketches.

    By Blogger Muhd Imran, at 2:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home