Passionate About Life | Escapades

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

+ Work | Weird Day

My taxi spot at Tampines Street 71

Had the weirdest day today.

Was awakened by my son last night. He kept waking up through the night for some reason. So I accompanied bunking with him until he woke in the morning for school.

Got his breakfast ready and his runny noise medicine given. He left for school and I was left tired and deprived of good sleep.

Decided to take a 10 minute nap but ended-up waking up at 8:00am instead! A cool 1-hour nap!

8:00am! That is when I should be at work! I woke up in shock so fast that my head spin for a second.

Got the roughest shave, the quickest teeth-brushing and the driest shower ever. In 15 minutes, I was at the roadside frantically flagging for a cab. Lots of cabs, but none available.

Finally called for the driver was late coming. He unfortunately thought it was Street 71 Pasir Ris instead of Tampines. What more can they do to me...?

Oh yes, they can do more!

Work place in AMK Ave 5 Industrial Park 2

Work was good, but let's just cut the story short.

On the way home, I missed the bus Service 72 before I could reach the bus stop. It was a double-deck bus, my favourite ride. Well there would always be another one coming.

And came did another one, and another one, and another 2 more!

None of the buses could stop to pick any more passengers because the buses were all already packed tight with passengers.

By then, there were already more than a dozen people at the bus stop with obvious agitated faces, waiting for the 5th one after a 30 minutes wait! What in the world was happening?!

Stood there for half an hour but seemed forever when I noticed the antics of a woman in her mid 30s acting weird.

She began to mumble to herself softly at first. Then it became louder as and when bus after bus passed by our stop full of passengers. Well, I am agitated too, I thought.

Then she started to pace up and down the bus stop and as she walked, she would stomp her right leg ever few steps.

Then she started tugging and snapping her plastic bag making plastic crunching sounds in front of all the other people as she paced to and fro.
Okay... one angry lady, "crazy" angry lady!

When the 5th bus finally came with more than enough standing room, all the restless Service 72 passengers boarded the bus, but she did not. Saw her mumbling as the bus moved away.

Okay... that fed answer to my curiosity.

The whole day was a bad transportation experience, all this festive season can drive you... well, crazy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home