Passionate About Life | Escapades

Friday, February 17, 2006

+ Life | Longer Weekend

Weekend! Escape to freedom if only temporaryIncidently, My current Desktop picture for the few weeks

The weekend is here!

Basically there will be tons of stuff that go through my mind on what to do on weekends, but the weekend is just never enough to spend with extra time to spare. Yes, that is how greedy I am when it comes to weekends.

I "trick" myself, yes trick, that is how pathetically desperate I am to prolong the weekend psychologically, since I cannot prolong time itself.

I would ask my family (yes, I am that self-absorbed when it comes to maximizing the weekend) to go out with me after work on Fridays. We would go out for dinner and a stroll or go watch a movie. Just spend as long a time outside on Friday nights.

And when I wake up in the morning, I feel as though (really feel) it is a Sunday morning for a little while until I get my bearing either immediately after the sleepiness wears off, or late in the morning when I start to read the newspapers.

I will get happy to know that I have another day of such "waking-up" to the correct Sunday the next day.

That is how wonderful it feels to prolong a weekend with my method of self-psychological manipulation or chronic psychosomatic delusion (that was a mouthful, am I using them correctly... anyway...) I put myself to "squeeze" the extra hours out of an otherwise normal, 2-day weekend.

There, I said it. It is out there now. Well its great. It's the weekend again! Now to firm up the plans after sifting through the tons of stuff in mind to do and enjoy!

5 Comments:

  • Yes, enjoy!

    By Blogger Carol, at 4:07 pm  

  • You bet weekends are very much welcomed by all career people. I used to work too before and I have always looked forward to Friday knowing it is the end of a working week. But now I am a SAHM and everyday is a weekend to me.
    I have been working for many years and when I quitted work those lovely weekends that I adored didn't seem to be adorable to me anymore. It was an endless weekend.
    Now I've adjusted myself to this after so many years of being a SAHM.

    By Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD, at 10:39 pm  

  • Hello Both,

    Thank you for stopping by.

    Carol | So far, Friday and Saturday were well spent. Sunday morning and just bid goodbye to wifey as she left for her booth.

    Hope yours would be a wonderful weekend too.

    Friday's Child | You are right. Everybody long for the weekend. I just want it to last longer.

    Like my wife, she adjusted too when we had our son. She wished to stop work and be SAHM dedicating her life to both of us at home.

    She has been doing an incredible job all this while. I appreciate it everyday. Now that our son is big and independent, she wishes to do something more, something different.

    So she has started her own small business selling ladies fashion jewelleries. She is doing well too.

    I am happy for her and am adjusting to doing house chores I have never done so extensively before.

    Bet you never will trade any of those years staying home and taking care of the little ones with your previous job, right?

    Talk to you some more later. For now, have a great weekend!

    By Blogger Muhd Imran, at 10:57 am  

  • Check out your Feb 7th post. I missed it earlier!

    By Blogger Carol, at 3:13 pm  

  • Hello Carol,

    You did not miss it. It was my fault.

    I was suppose to tag you. I was suppose to tag the others too and inform Ellen from Coffee Granules of the post.

    I meant to do it but saved it for later until I totally forgot about it. Sorry.

    Anyway, I left a message on you blog about your "weird confessions".

    In my opinion, you're perfectly normal.

    Enjoy the weekend.

    By Blogger Muhd Imran, at 10:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home