Passionate About Life | Escapades

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

+ Beach | East Coast

East Coast Beach Park on Chinese New Year

Would have left home early in the morning, but since my son has tuition coming to our home this late morning, we left home at 2:00pm instead.

We headed to East Coast Beach Park over at Marine Parade. Still good weather, though the sun played hide and seek amongst the clouds most of the time, but good for a tanning anyways.

Had ourselves lunch at Marine Parade Hawker Centre. Wifey and I had the usual - Tom Yam Seafood Noodles, while my son had Chicken Rice and yes... Ice Milo, his favourite drink ever.

Not as crowded as I expected it to be, being a public holiday and all. We see more cyclists, roller-bladders and joggers than picnickers. Most certain because many Chinese are still going visitings to relatives.

Well, more space and more choice for locations for us to set down our mat and stuff.

The tide was low, so the water was not that great, but never we mind. WeI did some swimming, but I laid on the sand most of the time sun tanning, while my son search for the elusive sea shells.

Yes... more sea shells to collect, but for some reason, East Coast Beach did not have that many sea shell to be found, let alone interesting ones.

Wifey sat on a bench under a shelter listening to the MP3 music Danish downloaded into his DigiLife CamCorder and snacking.

Everyone relaxing and just soaking in the sea breeze, the staring far out to the open horizon. Me, just being a human sun-dial for a few hours.

We were there for about 4 hours and as fast as we were there, it was time to leave.

We overshot our time at the beach that we did not have time to rent bicycles to ride along the beach as we planned earlier. Danish was terribly disappointed.

I did not really get a dark enough tan, so maybe another session this weekend? Let's see.

Walked to the nearby Parkway Parade Shopping Centre to get some groceries at Giant Hypermart for the home. Wifey wants to cook something extra special these few days and I chose cheeze cake for desert. Sweet!

Yes, yes, fattening but I will work harder on my HomeGym to rid that extra pound I will put in. Wifey will have to run on her threadmil too.

All that shopping made us hungry. We eat Burritos meals at KFC, talked about Puffy, our addopted "part-time" hamster and joked a few. Made out way back home in a cab at about 7:00pm.

Felt so satisfied to have sun on my face and some colour on my pale body. The sea has been so therapeutic to me, I feel energized for work tomorrow.

Oh, work tomorrow!

I am expecting a slow one because many locals are still continuing their holiday, with some taking the 3 days off to start work Monday next week onwards.

May be a bit of a rush for me filling-in for my Engineers who are still not back at work yet, but I am happy this long weekend was great for me personally.

Nope, no camping by the beach as initially planned. Too many things happened this long weekend that we had to take several short outings instead of a good overnight camping by the beach. Sigh...

But... instead of camping, we get to go to 2 different beaches - strolling along Changi Point for the cool clean sea breeze the night before and picnic at East Coast for the sun, among other outings. Sweet!

Anyway, put them all together and we had a great long weekend!

Now, back to the real world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home