Passionate About Life | Escapades

Sunday, April 16, 2006

+ Life | Hair Treatments?

Hamilton's Male Pattern Hair Loss Chart
I do not know why I tried it, but I did it anyway.

After the day's work, I was packing up to leave when my "new" boss came to my desk and strike a conversation with me and my colleagues that are sitting beside me.

He mentioned about our "former" boss' email to say hello a few days ago and introducing us to Sudoku - the Japanese number game.

My new boss said that he plays the game daily from Today's free circulation newspaper. He is now into Super Sudoku - the highest level of the game.

Never tried it myself before but sounds interesting would give it a try. So a friend who had the newspaper today gave me his for me to try. He was not interested though.

Yes, so far that has nothing to do with hair problem... I am getting to it now. I know I babble a whole lot. Get to the point, Imran!!!

Sudoku Board GameAlright! Hold your horses!

Anyway, on my way home, in the bus, I read the newspaper and came across this innovative way of disseminating awareness about men's hair problem and the treatment available.

Not so much about the treatment, but more excited about the way help can get to those who need it.

You just have to type in your SMS with "GROW" together with your 6-digit postal code to 96-FIND-DR or 96-3463-37. You will then receive 5 return SMSes telling you the 3 doctors that are nearest to your home, with the option to have 3 more doctors if you choose to.

May be old news to many countries and within Singapore too, but it was HEADline news to me at the moment... pardon the pun.

DSS LogoThis ad was from Dermatological Society of Singapore called HEADstart for Male Pattern Hair Loss or MPHL treatment.

More details from the local website www.seeyourdoctor.com.sg

Now, why did I SMS this in the first place? Two things actually...

One, curiosity.
Just for the fun of it to see what actually will take happen. I did it and it replied with 5 SMSes as stated. Cool!

Two, concern.
The reason for why I tried it in the first place. I have to admit, coming 40, my hair does seem to be thinning at the crown. My barber at Sri Nada has casually informed me that my hair is thinning around the crown region. That was last year, I believe.

Now, I begin to BELIEVE! Sigh...

Let me see... my Mom and Dad both have good set of hair even today, but my youngest brother is loosing his as we speak!

Maybe I might consider seeking early treatment to save my "lock-of-hair."

Surprising though, the first and nearest doctor which the SMS replies gave, is my own Family Doctor - Healthway Tampines. There you go!

Hair Treatment  Minoxidil Topical Lotion For MenNow I have to grapple with my "vanity conscience..."

Am I vain?
Is it wrong to BE vain?
Or am I being attacked by a "mid-life crisis."

Wait! I read recently from Ellen, from Coffee Granules that "life starts at 40."

I think my hair needs to continue living at age 40, and survive beyond that. Thank God I do not crave for flashy sports car! That will cost a bomb here.

I think I will give it a chance, a topical Minoxidil lotion, maybe?

I'll talk to my wife for her blessing and then talk to the doctor for his treatment.

Just to see how much an investment this treatment will costs; its effectiveness from individual to individual and its success rate so far. Just to get a HEADstart. That pun... intended.

Okay... I am vain, so shoot me!

2 Comments:

  • Hello Ellen,

    You made me smile reading your comment. Thanks for reassuring me that it is OK to have lesser hair in my 40s.

    I just want my hair to stay a little bit longer on my head, that's all.

    You know, Singapore is a hot temperate country, I wish to keep my head cool and not heated and reflective in the sun.

    Oh man, I wish I was in UK, I will start to become desirable about now... just kidding.

    I am confident that Wify still loves me even when I am a "full moon".

    Anyway, tell me which anti-wrinkle cream works best for you. I wish to give me a try too.

    Darn it! Mid-life crisis is kicking-in hard!!

    Have a good week ahead! Take care.

    By Blogger Muhd Imran, at 12:25 pm  

  • This blog gives light to all the people who had experience hair loss.

    By Anonymous Hair Treatments, at 11:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home