Passionate About Life | Escapades

Friday, July 01, 2005

+ Sarawak | 10~13 Jun 05

The June school holidays have always been a great time for our family trips.



My wife and I had talked about where to go this time. On and off we talked months prior to June. We narrowed down to either New Zealand, Thailand or Malaysia.

After must deliberation, well, considered that my parents were coming along - my mom is in a wheelchair, and my sister wanted to join us as well, so we decided to tour Sarawak, east of Malaysia.

This part of the world has always intrigued me and my wife too. She had dreamt to go there since forever. This was the best choice. It is near to Singapore yet so exotic and not your normal weekend trips to Malysia either.

Wow! We were going to Borneo, the land of the Dayaks - the head hunters. Came to mind scenes only shown on Discovery Channel - with the native women half-naked and their signature long earlobes in their jungle realm.

So, there we were, nine of us - my family and my sister's family - three of us each, both of my parents and my niece. That was very different from our normal touristy trips before. Our journey of new discoveries began.